It is no secret that one must have a very strong will, a lot of discipline, and the ability to make serious adjustments when it comes to performing a serious personal campaign to lose weight. While methods like exercising and calorie calculation are essential in any weight loss campaign, having sufficient knowledge and control over consumption are also essential. This is because the powerful commercialism of food has changed people’s eating habits dramatically and for the most part this means moving people from consuming healthy options to consuming offerings that are fatty, cholesterol-high and unhealthy.
In reality there are indeed foods that are pretty helpful when it comes to the reduction of weight and fat. These healthy foods are not very commercialized but that does not make them any less relevant as far as wellness is concerned.
There are indeed many healthy foods that prospective weight losers can find by researching online and the five best foods they can find in the list are as follows:
1. Whole grains – Whole grains are essential for the carbohydrate requirements of the body, and at the same time its carbohydrates are not the same as the processed carbohydrates (which are bad for the body) that come in pasta and white breads. Whole grains are also rich in minerals and fiber and these can aid the effort on dieting and losing weight.
2. Lean meat – Eating lean meat is recommended over the common fatty meat that is widely available. Lean meat comes in different varieties and each has their own health benefits that can be useful to any effort to burn fat and lose weight. Salmon and tuna are lean meats that are rich in protein (which is needed for building up muscle) and omega-3 fatty acids, and at the same time they are enhancers for the immune system.
3. Low-fat dairy products – Consuming dairy products that come with low amounts of fat is vital to weight loss as a study conducted at Purdue University showed that people who consumed three cups of fat-free milk gained a lower amount of weight over a span of two years when compared to those who consumed the low-calcium kind. Milk itself is essential for having strong bones and the good news is that low-fat or non-fat milk products are widely available in the market. Low-fat and non-fat milk also come with high levels of vitamin D, which not only aids the body’s consumption of calcium but also boosts the metabolism, which leads to better fat burning.
4. Green vegetables – Green veggies like lettuce and celery have very low calorie counts at less than 15 calories per cup. These simple foods are more helpful to the weight loss effort than many think. In fact, the body burns about 85 calories per hour when chewing/digesting food, and as such having a cup of green vegetable salad (composed of asparagus, celery and lettuce) will actually help the person’s body burn more calories than what it takes in.
5. Olive oil – Found in meals like vegetable salads, olive oil is a good type of fat that helps the body burn fat while keeping cholesterol levels down. As part of their daily routines to lose weight, more dieters are consuming olive oil (especially extra virgin olive oil) over orange juice in the morning.